Thursday, September 3, 2009

The One Where I Get Started

Of the things that I like, I don't really think there's a dearth of written work analyzing them. I mean, my interests are computer games, scripted television, not liking unscripted television, science fiction and fantasy novels, Spider-Man comic books, movies, dogs, cats, and my wife.

I'm also interested in politics and the general state of common discourse, but again, not a dearth of writing on the subject. Really, the only thing not being blogged about already is my wife, and she's too introverted to be pleased at being the subject of my website. Not to mention that it would probably end up turning into a passive-aggressive haven of minor complaints and grudges. Even though I love (and like) her, when you live with someone, you end up finding fault with them. If you love them, you generally come to terms with those faults by either knowingly forgiving them, choosing to ignore them. If I used this blog to catalog my lovely wife's idiosyncrasies and rant about them, I'd end up getting more worked up about them than if I just walk it off.

Plus, I think she's the only person that I could reasonably expect to read these blogs, so that wouldn't really work. I guess I could use this blog as the forum for discussion with her. Next blog: Honey, I don't like the way you prepare eggs.

I can't see that as the best way to maintain my marriage.

Maybe next time I'll go off about the US health care debate...








Seriously, why would any town call itself Smallville?

No comments: